With the recent stable release of the CDK (1.3.12) and the inclusion of the new rendering classes, I was able to make a new release of the rcdk (3.1.1) and rcdklibs (1.3.11) packages that support cheminformatics in R. They’ve been pushed to CRAN and should be visible in a day or two. The new features in the latest version of rcdk include
- Directly evaluate molecular volume (based on group contributions) using get.volume
- Generate fingerprints using the hybridization state
- get.total.charge and get.total.formal.charge work sensibly
- Added a function (copy.image.to.clipboard) that copies the 2D depiction of a molecule to the system clipboard in PNG format
- Now, OS X users can view and copy molecule depictions. This is slower compared to the same operation on Windows or Linux since it involves shell’ing out via system. But it is better than not being able to view anything.